General Terms and Conditions
The travel contract is governed by the Law of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka for Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD and by relevant EU regulations for SCACS Consultants and Services as a third party services provider. By making a booking you are buying your services and products from Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD.
Terms and Conditions
The travel contract is governed by the Law of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka. All the services and products advertised here on this website are by Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD. SCACS Consultants and Services does not sell any products, and only provide its services to Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD in its international operations.
All methods of payments for tours organised by Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD are governed by the agreement between the customer and Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD.
- Through booking any tour, the customer makes a binding offer of an intermediary travel contract to the travel agent (Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD). The booking may be made verbally or in writing. The booking is valid for the booker himself and all other participants listed. The booker shall be held responsible for contract fulfillment of the other participants as well as his own duties and responsibilities arising from the contract, if he has agreed to this in a separate and explicit declaration. The booking is binding for the booker, starting 20 days after the booking was made until the beginning of services rendered by the travel agent. The travel contract is concluded through confirmation by the travel agent. Should the content of this confirmation differ from the booking, the confirmation shall be regarded as a new offer, which binds the travel agent for 10 days. The contract shall be concluded on the basis of the new offer, if the customer declares his acceptance within the designated period.
- Personal data collected from the tour participants for purposes related to the tour shall only be used for conducting the tour and guest services.
- Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD of Sri Lanka have entered in to a services partnership with SCACS Consultants and Services based in Belgium (VAT: BE0669574568) to maintain our web services and payment gateway and manage our international operations. All of your online payments will be processed by SCACS Consultants and Services based in Belgium via the secure online payment gateway by PayPal. You can also transfer the money directly to the Sri Lankan account maintained by Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD. You can pay for your tour either by simple bank transfer to Sri Lanka or via credit cards/ paypal or simple bank transfer to the Belgian bank account maintained by SCACS Consultants. Once you make the full payment online, you will receive an automatic payment confirmation by e-mail. In addition we will also personally contact you in order to learn more about your preferences and personal interests, so that we can make your tour a truly wonderful experience.
2 Please visit the EU Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution website to read more about European online payment regulations and related information or address any issue with SCACS Consultants and Services.
- The deposit and full payment are only to be made in exchange for a security note. Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD will provide a security note with the booking confirmation. You will be paying 100% of the cost for all tours unless a special exception is make to you by pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD. With this exception, a payment amounting to 50 % of the tour price becomes due. The rest of the sum is to be paid latest 28 days before the start of the tour without further notice. In the event the booking is made within 4 weeks before the departure date, full payment becomes due. The travel documents will be supplied to the tour participant after the payment is made, at the latest 5 days before the start of the tour.
- If full payment is not made within the specified timeframe, the customer shall have no claim to travel organized through SCACS Consultants and Services, Pearlwinds International and its portal www.SrilankanBeach.com. SCACS Consultants and Services on behalf of the Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD also retains the right to irrevocably refuse travel and has a claim to compensation from the tour participant for non-fulfillment of the travel contract, if payment is delayed. In case of delayed payment the agent needs to issue a written reminder, in which he allows for an appropriate time period for back payment.
- Cancellation fees, processing costs and fees for any changes in the booking as well as insurance rates are to be paid immediately.
- We accept all of the following methods:
3. Services rendered by the agent
1. The extent of services arising out of the contract is determined by the description of services in the tender as well as by the corresponding details set out in the booking confirmation. Incidental provisions (e.g. changes, additions), which change the extent of contractual services, must be expressly confirmed (in writing) by the agent.
- Change of services and fees
- Changes to specific tour services deviating from the content of the travel contract are only permitted insofar as they are not substantial and do not affect the overall concept of the booked tour.
- SCACS Consultants and Services on behalf of the Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD reserves the right to change the price of the tour, should unforeseen events arise upon conclusion of the contract. SCACS Consultants and Services and/ or Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD bear no responsibility for any changes in the following pricing components: Foreign exchange rates as well as bureaucratic fees, such as airport taxes. SCACS Consultants and Services and/or Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD will only alter the price to the extent to which transportation costs – including fuel prices or taxes for specific services per person or per seat – influence the travel costs, if more than four months have elapsed between receiving the booking confirmation and the planned leaving date. The agency shall inform the customer of any (intentional) lawful increases in price by the 21st day before the planned leaving date.
- Cancellation by the customer, changes, substitution (for participant)
1. The customer may cancel the tour at any time before the planned leaving date. Cancellations only become valid upon receipt of the declaration by SCACS Consultants and Services or Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD. Written cancellation is recommended for evidential purposes. If the booker cancels the booking or does not participate in the tour, SCACS Consultants and Services and/ or Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD has a claim to compensation for appropriate reimbursement for any tour preparations and expenses.
2. Cancellation costs shall also be paid if the customer fails to arrive at the departure airport at the time specified on the travel documents or if he arrives without the necessary travel documents (e.g. passport or other identification).
3. In case of withdrawal from the contract, the following flat costs will arise per person as cancellation costs, calculated as a percentage of the total price:
1. Until the 45th day before the planned departure date 100% would be refunded to the customer.
2.Until the 30th day before the planned departure date: 50%.
3.From the 29th until the 1th day before the planned departure date: 100%.
4.In case of failure to participate in the tour without previous written cancellation or annulment after the tour has started: 100%.
4. Changes to tour dates, destination or method of transportation are only possible through withdrawal from the contract, according to the conditions listed in 5.1, and after making a new booking; which is in turn dependent upon availability. In case of small changes, Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD charges a processing fee of EUR 30, – per processing.
5. Changes in the person of the tour participant: In case of withdrawal, the withdrawing customer can name a substitute (person) up until the planned departure date. This is conditional on the substitute (person) being suitable to the requirements of the tour and no other circumstances against his participation arise. The withdrawing customer and the new tour participant are liable together as joint debtor to Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD up to the total price of the tour. The additional costs which arise out of the change in person are borne by the customer, with a minimum charge of EUR 30, – processing fees.
- Withdrawal and cancellation by Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD
1. SCACS Consultants and Services and/or Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD can withdraw from the travel contract with immediate effect
before the planned departure date:
1. If the minimum number of participants, as proscribed in the tender, is not reached. (SCACS Consultants and Services and/ or Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD reserves the right to conduct the tour even if the minimum number of participants is not reached.)
2. If the costs of conducting the tour amount to more than the acceptable economic loss.
3. If changes in the services rendered would amount to an unreasonable price increase for the customer or such that the planned (travel) itinerary cannot be guaranteed.
4. If the customer does not deliver payment in due form.
1. Cancellation is to be made in writing, at least 30 days before the planned departure date. The customer has a claim to a refund of all payments already made. There are no additional claims. In case of payment delays, the conditions of the cancellation fees in 5.1 apply.
2. Withdrawal from the travel contract by the travel agent can be made with immediate effect during or after the tour with good reason. Important reasons include: If the tour participant does not fulfill the previously specified requirements for participation or if the tour participant disturbs the course of travel as a result of his behaviour and does not cease to do so after a warning.
- Cancellation of the travel contract due to unforeseen circumstances
In the case force majeure renders the tour substantially more difficult, which could not have been foreseen at the time of contract conclusion, the travel agent, tour operator, as well as the customer may unilaterally cancel the contract under this provision. In the case of cancellation, the travel agent may claim compensation for services already rendered (alternatively for services necessary to end the tour).
SCACS Consultants and Services on behalf of the Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD recommends purchasing an insurance package including a travel health insurance and travel cancellation insurance, as well as luggage insurance. At least travel cancellation insurance is recommended to avoid paying the compensation listed in 5.1 in the case of cancellation, minus percentage excess.
- Liability of the travel agent
Within due diligence, Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD who owns Sri Lankan Beach is solely responsible for the conscientious preparation of a travel itinerary and the accuracy of the service description.
Customers paying for the tours via SCACS Consultant and Services paypal gateway for MasterCard and Visa or any other credit card will be entering into an agreement with the SCACS Consultants and Services under relevant EU regulations. This agreement will be within the liability of Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD.
The transportation provided within the tour, or the transportation with scheduled services for which the customer is issued a ticket, as well as the specific execution of the travel service at the destination, is rendered as a third-party service. SCACS Consultants and Services and/ or Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD is thus not responsible for the delivery of transportation services/the execution of the travel service itself. In this case, a possible liability is regulated by the transportation service provisions of those companies, alternately by the terms and conditions of the tour operator. The customer participates in ventures with special risk, such as wild life safaris, trekking tours, boat trips and/ or optional excursions at his or hers own risk.
- Limitation of liability
1. In case of damages, which the travel agent did not deliberately or grossly negligently bring about or for which the travel agent is liable due to a fault by the service provider, liability for damages, which are not physical, is limited to 3 times the tour price. SCACS Consultants and Services and/ or Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD is not liable for services, which were merely provided as third-party services.
2. Short-notice delays due to peculiarities typical to the country of destination are no reason for a reduction of the tour price.
3. The liability for the described travel itinerary lies solely with the tour operator in Sri Lanka.
- Obligation to cooperate
In case any defaults should occur, the tour participant shall contribute to avoiding possible damages or keeping these to a minimum within the provisions of the legal system. In particular, the tour participant shall notify the local tour operator of any complaints without delay. The tour operator is charged with providing relief, if possible. Should the participant culpably omit to report the fault, he does not have a claim to reduction of the price. Racism (any sort of discriminatory and/ or degrading behavior or comments) against the local population in Sri Lanka and/ or representatives of SCACS Consultants and Services or Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD will not be tolerated and will lead to immediate termination of contract without compensation and refund subjected to section 5.3 and section 6.
- Exclusion of Liability
Any claims the participant may have as a result of a failure to provide the services as specified in the travel contract shall be solely directed towards the tour operator in Sri Lanka and not towards partner sales companies.
- Passport, Visa, Customs, Exchange and Health Regulations
SCACS Consultants and Services or Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD is not liable for the timely issue of required visas by the respective diplomatic mission. SCACS Consultants and Services or Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD is responsible for recommending official reading sources for participants of regulations concerning passport, visa and health before the start of the tour. The tour participant is responsible for compliance with all regulations concerning the tour. Any disadvantages precipitated by non-compliance, in particular payment of cancellation fees, shall be at the expense of the customer. SCACS Consultants and Services and/ or Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD is not liable for expenses arising from the fault of the customer in omitting to notify them of non-Sri Lanka nationality.
- Voluntary declaration of commitment
The tour participant shall inform himself in due time about infections, protection and vaccinations, as well as other prophylactic measures, and where applicable, the customer shall consult a doctor about thrombosis and other health risks. We refer to general information, in particular, of the public health authorities, doctors with travel medicine experience, tropical medicine experts, and travel medicine information services.
The recipient shall review the received travel documents for accuracy (name, travel dates, destination, etc.) and notify Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD of any mistakes. The invalidity of individual provisions in the travel contract does not result in the invalidity of the overall travel contract.
- Place of Jurisdiction
The tour participant may only sue Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD at its registered seat in the republic of Sri Lanka. With legal action by Pearlwinds International (pvt) LTD against the tour participant his place of residency determines the appropriate court, unless the lawsuit is directed against registered traders or persons without a general place of jurisdiction, or against persons who transferred their usual place of residence abroad after conclusion of the contract, or whose usual place of residence is unknown at the time of filing the claim. In these cases the seat of the travel agent determines the appropriate court.
Important travel information and disclaimers
Sri Lanka is home to one of the best public health systems in the developing world. However, we advise you to fill in our medical form and tell us about any special access needs you may have. We will try our best to cater to your needs. We recommend you to consult your doctor to get medical advice on any vaccinations you may need. Sri Lanka is malaria free.
Please take note of the health form that you can fill and send back to us for any case of emergency.
- Safety and security
Many national governments provide updated advice on safety issues for international travelers. We recommend that you check your government’s advice for their latest travel information before departure. We strongly recommend the use of a neck wallet or money belt while traveling for the safe keeping of your passport, air tickets, travelers’ cheques, cash and other valuable items. Leave your valuable jewelry at home – you won’t need it while travelling. Most hotels have safety deposit boxes, which is the most secure way for storing your valuables. A lock is recommended for securing your luggage.
When travelling on a group trip, please note that your group leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the trip itinerary if deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Our company representative or guide will accompany you on all included activities. During your trip you will have some free time to pursue your own interests, relax and explore at your leisure. While your tour guide will assist you with options available in a given location, please note that the safety standards of all activities organised by third parties are maintained by them and you may take part in them at your own risk. Please use your own good judgement when selecting an activity in your free time. Although the cities visited on tour are generally safe during the day, there can be risks to wander through any major city at night. We recommend to stay in small groups and to take taxis to and from restaurants or during night time excursions. Water based activities have an element of danger and excitement built into them. We recommend only participating in water-based activities when accompanied by a guide(s). We make every reasonable effort to ensure the fun and adventurous elements of any water-based activities have a balanced approach to safety. Keep in mind that different operators have varying degrees of operating standards. It is our policy not to allow our representatives to make arrangements on your behalf for water based activities that are not accompanied by guide(s). Swimming, including snorkeling, is always at your own risk. Read more about travel safety for ways to further enhance your personal safety while traveling.
- Illegal drugs
Due to legal complications we expect you to not use or possess any illegal drugs during the tour. It may bring trouble not only to you, but also to the entire group.
- Travel insurance
Our tour packages do not include the insurance. We however highly recommend you to get a travel insurance. Upon your request we can advise you on getting one.
- What to dress
Typically in Asia the dress code for both men and women is less liberal than in some parts of Europe. When visiting a religious monument you are generally expected to cover your shoulders and knees (try to avoid transparent and tight clothes). After several controversies associated with misbehaving tourists, many Buddhist temples including those with UNESCO World Heritage status require you to have a more conservative dress code that covers your shoulders, upper arms and knees. If you have any tattoos of the Buddha, please make sure they are well covered. Avoid using any Buddhist symbol being used as a decoration.
- Dossier disclaimer
Disclaimer of the tour
The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of publication. It may differ slightly to the one on the website. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travelers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change such as adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Itinerary disclaimer
While it is our intention to adhere to the route described below, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary or desirable to make alterations. The Trip Details document is a general guide to the tour and region and any mention of specific destinations or wildlife is by no means a guarantee that they will be visited or encountered. Additionally, any travel times listed are approximations only and subject to vary due to local circumstances.
- Group leader description
All our tours are designed to have fully certified and experienced travel support staff. We always make sure you have the best available guides and chauffeurs. They will always provide you the information you need and will take care of your needs so that your experience will be truly memorable. Your travel guide will also provide you great tips about places to see and visit and where to go out and eat. Whenever needed, we will provide you experts to give you information no other can.
Good food makes everything better. Therefore, we will help you to find affordable and exotic food that is enjoyable without having to worry about anything else. In general, meals are not included in the tour price unless it is specified in the final itinerary by the time of the payment. This is so that you have maximum flexibility to allow you to go out and enjoy what you like. However, we offer a number of complimentary services which may include snacks, tea and meals.
As a group we will take you to places with a large diversity whenever it is practical. You will also be free to eat separately from the group. We will only take you to the highest rated and best reviewed restaurants and hotels. Food is cheap in Sri Lanka, and as a company we will give the cost benefit we get back to you. For independent trips please check your travel documents to see what is included in the package.
Private A/C saloon car, van/minibus or large tour coaches depending on the group size.
All packages have a designated luxury category that we use to maintain our tour standards. However, if you want to have 5 star hotels instead of 3 stars, or go to lower cost accommodation, we can arrange that as well. In cases where higher star hotels are requested, tour costs will also go up.
- Group size
For extra-large groups: Maximum 25, average 20
For large groups: Maximum 12, average 10
Small groups: Maximum 6, average 5
- Solo travellers
One of the reasons why we as a company come to be is to provide travelers the best price for the places they visit. So if you are a solo traveler, we will work very hard to keep your cost down to a minimum. For little more you can get a single room. The cost will depend on whether you join a small group or travel alone. We will try at all times to bring the cost down to the level of a small group tour even if you are travelling alone.
- What to take
Clothing that covers knees and shoulders, long pants/jeans, shirts/t-shirts, smart outfit
Shawl or scarf, sun hat/bandana, sunglasses, hat
Passport, flight info, insurance info
Required visas or vaccination certificates
Vouchers and pre-departure information
Cash, credit and debit cards, money-belt
Ear plugs, first-aid kit, flashlight/torch
Locks for bags
Reusable water bottle
Small travel towel
Watch and alarm clock
Waterproof backpack cover
Windproof rain jacket
Hiking boots/sturdy walking shoes
Hiking pants, sandals/flip-flops
Most of the hotels provide laundry for a small fee.
You can apply for the Sri Lankan visa online at the government’s website http://www.eta.gov.lk/. It costs USD 30 per person for Non SAARC countries and USD 15 for SAARC countries. Please print the confirmation and show it to the immigration officer upon arrival. The visa will then be stamped in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six more months after travelling.
- Money exchange
The most accurate exchange rates can be found at www.xe.com. Bank counters at the airport will provide a rate for the standard and regulated price. All over the country banks provide the same rate. We advise you to change some of your currency to local money at the airport. You can also take money from an ATM with your credit card. There are ATMs in cities throughout the country.
Tipping is not compulsory, but desired and is generally around 10%. Tipping your tour guide is not a must, but they are generally tipped around 10 USD per person for a day of travel.
- Joining instructions
As the tour package doesn’t include the air ticket, you need to book your own ticket. You are expected to arrive prior to a particular time in your pickup location. It can be the airport or Colombo or even Negombo. Please communicate and agree with us the time and place you would like to be picked up. If you cannot arrive in Sri Lanka by the time of Day 1 of the tour, we advise you strongly to come a night before. Our team can help you to book a place to stay at your own cost. We will pick you up from this place of stay. At the end of the tour, we can bring you to the airport or drop you off in Colombo or Negombo.
- Arrival complications
You are expected to contact our representatives within 40 minutes of you leaving custom clearance of the airport once you landed. If you are late, we will assume you have made your own way to the hotel. However we will pay you back the cost of “the certified airport taxi company” transport.
- Emergency contact
The police emergency number is 119. Our national emergency numbers will work 24*7. You will be provided the number of your guide or driver who will come to pick you up before departure.
- Airport transfer
Airport transfers are included in the price as part of the tour. However please note that you have to notify us at least 2 days in advance if your flight plan has been changed and we will try our best to accommodate you.
- Other information
- It is not possible to cancel any booking after making the payment. Therefore, there will be no refunding. However we will do our best to cater you on different dates subject to availability and cost differences.
- We provide many optional and value added services for free. However some options will not be free. You must check the itinerary for further information.
- The official check-in time at all hotels is 14:00 hrs and check-out time at all hotels is 11:00 hrs.
- We will make every effort that wildlife safaris are safe for our travelers. However the clients take the ultimate responsibility. Special wildlife safari vehicles come with the most basic insurance covers and might not cover your medical costs.
- The vehicles used in transport during the itinerary may include more comprehensive insurance coverage.
Pearlwinds International (pvt) Limited,
No 60, Hanchapola, Divulapitiya, 11250,
Sri Lanka emergency number: Hotline: +94 (076) 870 2520 – Landline +94(031) 494 0025
Netherlands: +31 715 214 285
International operations (Belgium) : +32484812806 (SCACS Consultants and Services)